Who We Are
Californians Together is a statewide advocacy coalition of powerful organizations from all segments of the education community including:
• Board Members,
• Civil Rights non-profit groups
Our member organizations come together, united around the goal of better educating our almost 1.4 million English learners by improving California’s schools and promoting equitable educational policy.
Our Focus and Vision
Californians Together aims for an educational system that is funded and structured so every child will have full access to a high quality 21st century education and will graduate from our public schools fully prepared for success in college and career and full civic participation. Each student will achieve or possess cross-cultural skills and knowledge, connections to their families and communities, informational and technological literacy, communication and literacy skills in more than one language.
What We Do
Californians Together leverages the recognized expertise of our members to promote the use of students’ linguistic skills as a positive asset contributing to their success. Californians Together advises state and national policy makers and mobilizes communities to protect and promote access to quality education for the state’s English Learners. Californians Together work includes:
• Research and publishing research findings,
• Developing education policy,
• Briefing legislators and their staff,
• Providing professional development,
• Advising policy makers, parents and professionals,
• Promoting the recognition of bilingualism and biculturalism as valuable assets to our state, and
• Building a broad base of support for our mission.